Monday, March 11, 2013

Thinking seriously of hiring an advisor

I need to fill my first tax return here in the Netherlands (as well as in Finland). While it is quite handy with a dedicated software, it is terrible when you need to consider all possible things in two countries. I mean, how many people know what was the exact balance of all their bank accounts all over the world on 1st January 2012.

I was growing more and more frustrated with every new screen. I noticed that I'm probably the exception of exception in all possible ways. However, the Dutch guy had a big grin on his face. He stated, that after seeing all the exceptions I needed to fill in, he will never worry again of being checked upon - as it is ME who the tax officers will be after.

Thanks. Now waiting for the Belastingsdienst to call me for an extensive interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment